Darpel Elder Law concentrates on areas of significant importance to seniors and their families, with a special focus on the following areas:
- ESTATE PLANNING – Matt and Chad help families plan their estates for the efficient transfer of wealth through the use of Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Living Wills to ensure that their wishes are carried out with minimum tax consequences.
- FINANCIAL PLANNING – In addition to practicing law, Matt is also a licensed financial advisor with LPL Financial Services. He holds Series 7, 63, and 66 securities licenses, enabling him to create and implement a comprehensive financial plan. He combines two separate but related fields to help his clients plan (legally and financially) what is in their best interests.
- GUARDIANSHIP/CONSERVATORSHIP – It is sometimes necessary to pursue guardianship/conservatorship of an individual (often a family member) when they can no longer manage their personal or financial affairs. Matt has extensive experience on both sides of the Guardianship process, having represented individuals for whom Guardianship is being sought as well as individuals pursuing Guardianship of another.
- LONG-TERM CARE PLANNING – Matt and Chad provide their clients with strategic planning to protect assets from long-term care expenses including offering long term care insurance and pursuing Medicaid benefits.
- MEDICAID PLANNING - Matt and Chad have both assisted hundreds of individuals and families with the complicated process of pursuing Medicaid benefits to cover nursing home care when one's own assets are insufficient. When possible, they will endeavor to protect and preserve assets for the spouse and heirs.
Matt and Chad are also able to assist with the complex and confusing process of applying for Medicaid (nursing home) benefits on behalf of yourself or a family member, including attending all appointments with Medicaid staff.
- PROBATE ADMINISTRATION – Matt and Chad assist families with the process of having a deceased individual's Will probated, allowing their assets to be distributed as directed by their Will.
Contact Darpel Elder Law to explore how we may be of further assistance to you and your family. Our staff is looking forward to speaking with you!